Wednesday, December 24, 2008

ees not goood

well, i'll just start here because lots has happened and my thoughts are basically a mess. my mom had back surgery last wednesday. it was some sort of infusion and she has rods in her back now, and she's in pain. however, her pain is relatively mild compared to the nausea. remember when you were little and you stubbed your toe and your parents said they would close your finger in the door and you'd forget about your toe hurting? no? oh, just me. anyhow, the pain pills have made her so sick to her stomach, you really would never know that she has staples in her back. she hasn't been able to keep food down since sunday, and had to spend 3 hours in the emergency room today because she was so dehydrated. she's back home now and sleeping, but it's been a very trying week for her and i know she would appreciate any prayers. once the nausea goes away, she will probably notice the back pain a little more...

on a much lighter note, i just finished watching the episode of dog the bounty hunter when he gets married. it's sad because he found out that his daughter died on the day of his wedding, but really, it was one of the most white-trash weddings i've ever seen. the bridesmaids dresses were tie-dye and the ring bearer had a mullet. i mean really.

we opened presents tonight, and as i'm sure you can imagine, it was enjoyable for my mother. she really was a trooper. i got lots of great gifts, including a pair of coach rainboots, and a kate spade purse. my favorite gift though, was a calendar my mom had made that has pictures of me and aaron when we were growing up. it meant a lot to me because i've never seen pictures of him as a child because he doesn't have any. his mom has a few, and my mom was able to borrow them from her to put into this calendar. it is not near me, but i will hopefully post pictures sometime.

time for rest, as i am on "mom-duty" tonight, and i want to be sure i am available if she needs me.

Merry Christmas to all.

"Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." - Luke 2:10-12

1 comment:

Nathan and Nikki Hillery said...

Will keep your mom in my prayers. Hope she has a speedy recovery. Merry Christmas!