Saturday, March 28, 2009

Like a kid in a candy store!

At the risk of sounding like a Jr. High girl with a new outfit, can I just tell you how excited I was to be invited to spend the evening with some of my favorite bloggers, and in my opinion, overall wonderful women! (FYI, I would link to their sites, because trust me, I KNOW ALL OF THEM BY HEART, but I don't really know the rule on site linking. Because, do y'all want everyone to know that we live within driving distance of each other?? I mean, you tell me.)

Anyhow, I can say this. Beth was so kind to invite me, a stranger, into her home and let me meet her friends. And honestly, it was the best blind date I've ever been on. Which reminds me of this time I actually went on a blind date, thanks to my girlfriend Barbara, and the guy was icky and smelled like he'd just gotten done changing the oil in his pickup truck. And our "date" consisted of sitting in the living room at Barbara's house with her and her boyfriend while watching a movie. And I chose to sit on the floor while scary grease boy sat on the couch and then when he left I didn't even say goodbye. Not that I am comparing last night to that blind date, but I couldn't possibly mention blind dates and not bring up that freak fest that almost ended my friendship with Barbara night.

It was a fun night, and it was for a really important cause. Ladies, thank you SO much for allowing me to crash your party. I have admired you all from afar and am so thankful to have finally met you IRL. Hope to do it again sometime.


8 comments:

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

You are so sweet, like I told you last night, it says a lot about the type of person you are to have attended last night - so admirable!

I can't wait to see you again!

Carrington said...

It was so great to meet you last night! You fit right in with our little group- and that's not an easy thing! I hope to see you again sometime soon!

Erin said...

I agree with Beth how admirable it was for you to attend last night! I know it's not easy walking into a social setting where you know people, but don't really know them, so I think it's awesome that you came. You rock. And I'm SO glad it turned out better than the last blind date you were on.

p.s. I meant to tell you this last night, but I *really* liked your shoes!

Olive U. said...

Natalie, you have an amazing blog! I'm so happy you decided to hang out with us Friday, I thought you fit right in. I'm still recovering from all of the food, wasn't that desert yummy? Hope to see you again soon.

Debra

Unknown said...

You are a doll, and I hope we get to see more of you! It can be so intimidating going somewhere where everyone else knows each other. You definitely fit right in. ;)

P.S. How cute are you in that wedding photo??

Nathan and Nikki Hillery said...

I met my hubby on a blind date. So glad it wasn't like the one you had! :)

Kathy Workman said...

It was great to meet you...I look forward to working with you in June!! Your blog is great too!!!

Allyson said...

I'm so jealous of all the fun you guys have together!