Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Maddie

I want to be funny. I want to post something today that will make you laugh, or brighten your day. But I don't have it in me.

I cannot stop thinking about Maddie. I don't know her mom. I never had the honor of meeting Maddie. I don't know what it's like to lose a child, or cry over a sick baby. I don't know.

But I do know that this community amazes me. And I'm blown away by the kindness of strangers to a family in their time of need.

All of it just makes me want to hug a little longer, say "I love you" one more time, spend more time with my family.

A little girl I've never met has inspired me to love more.

Thank you, sweet baby.

2 comments:

Jen said...

She has inspired me as well! Thanks Maddie :)

Erin said...

At the very least, this world has been made brighter for all of us by Maddie's legacy--though I wish her mom and dad were still holding her, whole and beautiful, today. I do know that I've been showering my 2 year old with a million extra hugs and snuggles and loving every minute I have with him, because I realize how quickly life can change.