Thursday, July 30, 2009

Appreciation

We will never be able to thank you enough. The text messages, the emails. Comments, Facebook messages, Twitter replies.

In the darkest hour, which seems to literally be the darkest hour(s), I find comfort in your words and knowing that so many of you are thinking of us during this time.

Tomorrow, we return to work. Not because we feel we have to, but because we want to be a part of the world. We talked about it and made the decision together, and we are hopeful it is a good one.

However, this doesn't mean we've moved on. And we're really still not ready to talk about it. I've emailed the women I work with and asked them to honor my wishes. No hugs. No tears. No turn-your-head-to-the-side-kinda-smile stuff either. Just a Friday, where Natalie and Aaron come to work. Without their baby.

And even though I've asked the ladies at work not to talk about it, at least I will have the company, to talk about the weather or a television show. Please, if you think of it, pray for Aaron tomorrow. He will be out in the field by himself, which may prove to be very lonely.

I love my husband more than I ever thought imaginable. He is truly my best friend and soul mate.

6 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

I'll be thinking of both of you tomorrow.

*Lissa* said...

My thoughts are with you both!

Mimi's Toes said...

My thoughts and prayers are still with both of you.

Clair Boone @ www.mummydeals.org said...

Love you!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

you are very brave and must be a strong women to share your grief...thank you

Katie said...

natalie, you're in my prayers. Just remember, God would never give you more than you could handle.