Sunday, August 16, 2009

Refreshment

Ah. This weekend has been a much needed breathe of fresh air. I enjoyed dinner and a movie on Friday night with Steph, Beth, Arianne, and Erin, who have all become dear friends in the past few months.

Unfortunately, the ties that bind are not always full of fun and sunshine, but they are full of hope and I am thankful to have Beth and Arianne in my life. When I found out about the miscarriage, I knew I had women I could call on. First my mom, then Beth and Arianne. They, along with many others, have experienced this loss first hand, and know that sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

There are many people who have rallied around us during this time and we are so blessed by your friendship.

Yesterday, I spent the day in the pool at my aunt and uncle's house, and enjoyed friendship, pizza, and lots of little kids.

Today, Aaron and I went to lunch and the grocery store. Nothing exciting, but life is getting back to normal, whatever normal is. I'm thankful for this, even if it is hard.

I returned home from the store today to find lots of well wishes on blog posts and in emails from new friends who have come over from Beth's site. I am overwhelmed by the love and friendship. Thank you all so much!

9 comments:

Mimi's Toes said...

I love your title "refreshment". I am so glad you have such terrific friends to go out with and laugh or cry with. Glad you had a good weekend.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

You are so very worth it Natalie. I am so glad we were able to get together.

Steph

Erin said...

You deserve every bit of it. I'm so glad we were able to have a girl's night! We all needed it.

Sarah Viola said...

I'm so sad that I couldn't make it Friday. *sigh* Next time.

Love said...

hi natalie! i'm visiting from beth's. so thankful that you have great friends to rally around you during this heartbreaking time. wishing grace for you.

Christy M. said...

Natalie,
I'm so very sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you and your husband.

You've definitely surrounded yourself with some wonderful girls, though. I'm so happy to call all of them my friends (in real life) as well, and I know they'll be there when you need lifting up. Lean on them, because they are so amazing and generous and special.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Michele said...

sending warm thoughts!

Annie Anderson said...

Natalie-

It's my first time to your blog and I just came by to say I'm so sorry for your loss.

Good for you for getting out there with your friends - healing comes in many ways. ;-)

Hang in there! Sending thoughts your way.

Unknown said...

i feel that as women we can and must support each other through joy and also during pain.

it is unfortunate that the bad comes sometimes, as well as the good.

i wish for you comfort from other women who have had this pain, as you will not ever forget these trying moments in your life.

i also send warm thoughts for you and your husband, life will come to you as it should...and i hope for good things to come your way.

blessings:)

andrea