Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Christmas is missing something this year. A big round belly, presents to open for "the baby" - it's just not going to be what I thought it was. But it's not going to be terrible, because we have each other, and we have a family that loves and cares for us and hopes the best for us.

And we have our Angel.

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. My parents house is warm and always smells like cookies and Christmas and the smell of love. I wish I could bottle it up and keep it all year.

And on Christmas morning, our whole family gathers together in Grandma's little house and we all have to sit on top of each other and try not to dump our plates on each other and on the floor, because the house is so small when it's filled with all that love.

The tree is up and most of the presents are wrapped. The Jessica Simpson Christmas CD is in the CD player in the car, and soon, we will bake cookies.

Christmas is not a day, it is a season. A season that reminds me of Peace, Hope, and Love.

I pray that for you too.

8 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

The first Christmas all those years ago without our baby was hard, but with all that love around you, you'll get through it. Who knows what next Christmas will bring. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers

Michele said...

Last year was our first Christmas without Nick, Sophie, and Alex. It was painful but we felt them with us, surrounded by God's love.

Wishing that for you too

Mom said...

Thats right! Who knows what next Christmas has in store for you (us).
Baccardi Mama and I would get along nicely. Maybe next Christmas I can be Baccardi Nana!
Love you, AAron & Duke, too.

Kathy Campbell said...

You are so amazing. I've been praying that you have moments of peace throughout this season, moments where your Angel is with you and the love you feel in your heart is warm and comforting.

Mendie said...

My heart is heavy for your loss...but light in the hope that you hold in your heart. Thoughts for peace and love to you and your husband on your journey!

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Ahh! I've thought that too. Among other things I started to look forward to when I found out I was pregnant, being pregnant at Christmas and buying presents for our baby was one of them. ALSO being able to wear maternity pants that would stretch as I would eat lots and lots of food. This Christmas isn't what I was expecting a couple months ago, but my husband will have each other, our family along with the spirit of our baby and God among us. I pray that next Christmas will have in store for you what both of us pray for every day.

Anonymous said...

It is a season, and I hope that your heart stays joyous this Christmas season.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Thinking of you, Natalie. :)

Steph