Monday, February 1, 2010

Valentine's Day Cards

Thank you all for your well wishes for me and Baby Cline! We feel incredibly blessed by our family and friends, and by you, the readers of this blog/Twitter friends/Facebook world.

I will be happy to answer any questions that Baby Cline left unanswered, just leave a comment below. The most common question is "how far along are you" and today marks 13 weeks. I am feeling good today, and hoping this trend continues!

We announced our pregnancy to our parents and siblings around Christmas, but waited to tell (most!) everyone else until we were able to send out a Valentine's Day Annoucement! I know that it's a bit early for a Valentine's Day Card, but we just couldn't wait.

I was thrilled to be chosen through MomMadeThat to do a review of Two Silly Sisters Etsy Store. I had the opportunity to work with Stacey from Two Silly Sisters, and told her that I was looking for a pregnancy announcement/Valentine's Day card, and I have to say, she took a few sentences of what I was looking for and created cards that I was thrilled with!

(the front)

(the back)

The cards are printed on 5x5 white cardstock, and included white envelopes for mailing. The cost of mailing was higher due to the size of the envelope, but I considered it a small price to pay for such gorgeous cards.
Our family and friends were excited to receive the cards (a few of them are on their way - sorry for the delay) and I was so pleased with how they turned out!
Stacey has also provided 3 sets of notecards for one of my loyal blog readers!
There are 8 cards/8 envelopes of each design. One winner will be chosen for the entire set of 24 notecards.


Wanna win?!
To enter:
1. Leave a comment with a pregnancy tip, pregnancy or baby item you had to have, or piece of information you think I really should know!
2. Follow this blog.
3. Follow me on Twitter.
4. Tweet the following:
There is a beautiful set of 24 notecards up for grabs from @nataliejanette. Enter here - http://tinyurl.com/yk3oe9a
Please leave a separate comment for each entry!
Winner will be chosen on Thursday, February 4, after 9pm CST. Winner will be contacted by email, so please make sure you leave your email address if you do not log in using your Google account. Winner will have 48 hours to respond, or another winner will be chosen. Open to US residents only.
I blog with integrity. I was not monetarily compensated for this giveaway, but was given 20 announcement cards from Two Silly Sisters to review. This review brought to you by MomMadeThat.Com

24 comments:

Kirsten said...

Sleep whenever you are tired because when the little one gets here you will want to stare at him/her while she/he sleeps and not take the naps you know you should!

Kirsten said...

Totally following you! (Although I thought I already was and just realized that I wasn't!)

Melissa said...

I have no parenting advice other than, each phase of life will bring new parenting challenges and new joys. Just know that the over all joys outweight the challenges so hang in there for those sleepless nights! I have no recommendations for baby equipment other than what I've heard, get a bouncy seat for the first few months! I think you should know that God is surrounding this little babe and there are LOTS of prayers for him/her already. enjoy this!

Melissa said...

I am following your blog!

Melissa said...

I tweeted about these darling notecards!

Kirsten said...

Tweeted!!

Erin said...

Pregnancy advice: Don't deny yourself ice cream, but also, make sure you stay active! I was so much more active with Tommy than with Luke, and I think it made a difference in labor and recovery.

Erin said...

I follow your blog.

Erin said...

& you on twitter, of course.

Anonymous said...

I spent 10 days in the hospital with my first pregnancy and that baby turned out to be a special, wonderful daughter.
I can't win, can I?
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll go with must have new baby product. Two weeks in, THE thing I couldn't live without is my Swaddle Me blanket by Kiddopotamus. It velcros so I don't fear it coming undone and getting in her face at night. And she sleeps like a baby (haha) when she's in it. I would never get sleep without it! Make sure you have some on hand when Baby Cline comes.
lizrosebaker@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Also, for leakage, Lily Padz. And for public nursing, nursing covers by Bebe Au Lait (I got mine on eBay so it was a lot cheaper).

Piland Family said...

must have items:
I second the swaddle me blankets. Amazing!
Also, for when Baby Cline gets a little bigger... I don't know what they are officially called, but Avery LOVES these mesh feeder things. They remind me of ring pops, but instead of the sucker part, there is a little mesh bag that we put chunks of fruit in. She loves to suck out all the juice and yummy nutrients and chew them to bits, but she can't choke on the fruit that way. It has also worked great for teething... we stick an ice cube in there and she chews on it until she's a soaking, numb, happy mess. They are our current must have!

I love stationary. I hope I win!

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Advice: Take lots of pictures!

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

I follow your blog!

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

I follow you on Twitter.

I really love the set with the birds!

Mendie said...

Hmmm...my cousin who had a baby last August 12th seems to love her bumbo!

So happy for you!

Mendie said...

I'm one of your tweeps!

Mendie said...

Tweet! http://twitter.com/ladybugs714/status/8550607875

Missy and JP said...

Hey Nat! I would reccomend a mesh seat (summer infant makes them) to use for bathing in the sink for the first several months. It fits perfectly in the sink, folds up nice for easy storage, and it's mesh so the water drains right out of the material and prevents mold/mildew! Saves your back from leaning over the tub too! :) Now where did I put mine? Hmmmmm.

Mommy In Pink said...

This is such awesome news! Congrats to you! My daughter was born in August and I remember how miserable I was towards the end because of the heat, so here's my tip: Stay Cool, Drink lots of water and treat yourself to all the ice cream, popsicles and smoothies your heart desires...it makes for a happier end of your pregnancy! Good luck to you!

Mommy In Pink said...

And, I follow you on twitter too!

the shoppe owner said...

Congratulations! I know I am already too late to win, but still.

Being a mommy of three I have a few things to share (I'll be brief - you will find that moms can go on forever about things!).

Baby advice: Whenever you feel overwhelmed (which seems impossible when they first come out and they are so small and helpless and adorable, but trust me on this), be sure to take some time out for yourself. Relax and read a book or a magazine. Take a long shower. Bake or cook something if you find joy in that. Go out for a walk or a bike ride. Meet up with your sister or a friend for tea. Go out on a date with your hubby.

These are the things that will keep you sane and also to give you time to yourself simply to think about your life and to remember that you are not only a mommy (though that is undoubtedly important and wonderful), but that you are also you, and a sister, and a friend, and a wife, and so on. It is easy for us as mothers to put all else aside and get lost in our job as a mommy. While there is value in being in love with your job as a mommy, you need to remember to nurture other parts of you as well. Keep things alive, I guess.

My baby items that I can't go without - a diapees & wipees pouch or two, some really great nursing bras and cloth diapers, and burt's bees baby stuff, as well as aveeno baby products.

When/if you start to cramp or get charlie horses in the night or anytime, have an avocado or a couple of bananas. Avocados have three times the amount of the potassium as bananas, but if you hate them then the potassium in bananas will do just fine, too. And always sleep on your left side. Your blood circulates much better when you sleep or lean this way. I don't know why, but it's true!

Again, congratulations. From an ex-Cline (but only because I got married and happily changed my name!)

the shoppe owner said...

P.S. I've just been digging deeper into your blog and found out about your miscarriage. I am so happy that you have hope and that you have given a name to your little Angel and that you keep the memory of her alive. This is the most emotionally healthy and loving way to 'deal', in my opinion. I have been very blessed in my life to not have had a miscarriage that I am aware of, but I do know exactly what it's like to find out that I am pregnant, to begin to talk to my baby immediately, to run my hands over little baby clothes at every single store, to dream of days to come, to have those moments with my husband where we are so hopeful and excited and nervous at the same time... While I have not personally experienced what it would be like to lose those things, I can certainly imagine what it would be like, and for that, I have tears in my eyes for you and even though I don't know you I wish that I could give you a big hug. My very best friend has had multiple miscarriages. I honestly think she has simply stopped sharing that she has them anymore, and even that she's pregnant, because it hurts her too much and nobody really responds in the ways that she needs. I wish it wasn't like that, and I pray for her and for you that someday you will be able to not only be mommies in the sense that you've been pregnant and the babies in your bellies are really and truly your babies and you are their mommies, but also mommies in the sense that you get to go through all of the stuff that us other mommies stress about, like changing that seventh diaper in the middle of the night with our eyes closed because we're so darn tired. I hope that you will be able to see your babies smile and kiss his or her sweet little head soon. You are in my prayers!