Sunday, April 25, 2010

To the Left, To the Left

I am a belly sleeper or a back sleeper. I don't do well sleeping on my side because it hurts my shoulders and makes one side of my hair frizzy. But if I HAD to choose a side to sleep on, I'd choose the right side.

So you can see why this would be a problem. Sleep on the left side? Shouldn't be so hard, right? Well, it is. Mostly because it's not comfortable for me and also because I kept waking up on my right side.

When I was given the opportunity to review a pregnancy pillow, I had no idea what to expect. The Utterly Yours Pregnancy Pillow showed up and I couldn't believe how small it was, while claiming to help me sleep better at night. But then I used it and OHMYGOSH. It is so comfortable. Yes, they sent it to me for free. Yes, I would tell you about it even if they didn't.
The side that goes against your back (the pattern side) is made of a memory foam that is so comfortable, I want a bed made out of that stuff. It is not hard, but is sturdy enough that I can put my weight on it and still stay on my left side.
Also, this picture? Not me. Anyhow. The solid color side goes against your belly. I've been using this pillow since about week 16 and haven't needed the support of the solid colored side until the past week or so. I assume as things go (and my belly grows), I will fall in love with the support of the "belly" side as I have the "back" side.
Because I wasn't aware of how big I would get (still don't know this, obviously), I ordered the Large. I think I could have gotten away with a Medium, especially because I started using it early.
Honestly, I love this thing. I would tell you this even if I had paid for the pillow. It helps me sleep and supports my back. Plus, it is compact and so lightweight, I've taken it with me out of town on multiple occasions. I open it up, put the strap of my overnight bag through the middle, and close it with the loop and button closure. I don't even have to carry it!
If you are pregnant and concerned with sleeping on your left side, or having back pain, or just sick of rolling onto stacks of pillows you've shoved into your back, I cannot tell you how you would benefit from this pillow.
For 15% off of your order, enter code "Promo" at checkout.
I was not compensated for this review. I received the Utterly Yours Pregnancy pillow for my own personal use. The opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Mendie said...

I am a belly sleeper too, so I can understand your concern...I mean where are you supposed to put your arm when you sleep on your side??

Glad this helps! Sleep well my friend!