Thursday, November 18, 2010

Zzzzooooommmmmmmm

My house is not clean. My sink is full. I've been wearing these jeans for 3 days. I could lie and tell you that I've got this motherhood thing down, that I am able to wash dishes while breastfeeding McKinley in the sling. But I don't do that.

Right now, I work full-time. McKinley gets wonderful care from her dad, and he has nicknamed his job "Karing for Kinley". He sings songs from the Mickey Mouse Club and Handy Manny, and he's gotten good at putting together a bottle with one hand. When I get home from work each night, I just want to hold my girl. I probably could wash dishes and do laundry and vacuum while wearing Kiki in the sling, or just in my arms, but I don't want to.

********************************

McKinley turned 3 months old last Saturday. I can't quite figure out where the last 3 months have gone. I don't remember what life was like without her. I know that sounds so cliche but I really mean it.

She sits in her Bebe Pod and holds her head up for about 10 minutes at a time. She lays on her play mat and swats at the toys hanging down. She sleeps like a champ.

She loves her fingers, mostly her middle and ring finger. They are in her mouth most of the time and she drools all over the place.

Last night, I saw two little teeth, anxious to make their arrival.

My baby is growing up. And it's going by so. fast.

Each night, I wash just enough dishes to get through the next day. Usually, this means pump parts and bottles. And I wear my pants for multiple days because I don't want to spend hours in the laundry room and risk missing a single thing.

{Don't tell, but they're more comfortable after a couple of days anyhow.}

McKinley's 3rd month


3 comments:

Kathy Campbell said...

Wait, there are people out there that DON'T wear their jeans for multiple days in a row?!?!?!

Type A Nightmare said...

She's so beautiful!!! And it depresses me that she's growing so fast so I can't even imagine how you feel. I just want my little EK to stay itty bitty forever. ;) And of course, I never want to go back to work (and she's not even here yet). Haha. Confession... this is my third day in these jeans too... not because I don't have time to wash. I've already washed plenty of loads in the past three days, but you're right... they're much more comfortable after a few days. Haha.

Mendie said...

I'm guilty too of wearing pants for multiple days, just have a different excuse then you do!

She is such a joy to watch from here...I can totally understand how you won't want to miss a second!