Sunday, February 5, 2012

Loose Ends

I said about a week and a half ago that I was going to post a vlog. Then our computer with the webcam had to go to the doctor and we just got it back. I could've used my iPhone, but, meh. I will work on it soon.

McKinley is growing and talking and running and I am having so much fun with her. She is truly the light of my life. She is still nursing, and as my grandma says, it provides her more "soul food" than nutrition at this point, although I believe she's still reaping the benefits of nursing.

I never thought that we would still be going strong. Honestly, when I received the samples of formula in the mail during my pregnancy, I held on to them. I wasn't committed to breastfeeding past 6 months until she was born and we developed a great nursing relationship. I know that we were very fortunate to not have any bumps in the road. While I would have cut anything out of my diet for her, I'm not sure we would have lasted past 12 months if I would have had a super restricted diet.

Now, I feel very emotional about the thought of her weaning. Some days, I think I'm ready. Other days, I think of how she is likely the only baby I will ever nurse, and then I don't want to even think about stopping.

It was not my intention for this post to just be about our nursing relationship. But now I have to go, and, um. Sorry.

Oh, I had a dream last night that it was time for the Spring Time Change again and it stayed light out until 6pm instead of 5pm. So if we could just go ahead and make that happen right now, that'd be great.

3 comments:

Erin said...

That dream sounds beautiful.
I'm proud of you for sticking with it, Nat. It's soul food for both of you, I think. Also, you'll know when you're done. Both boys weaned at different ages, and the time was right both times.

Jen said...

Enjoy it...Jessica nursed until almost age 2 and I am convinced it kept her healthier. Plus it was our little thing...the bond will last even after weaning!

Jen

Toni said...

First of all, I'm glad to see you back to blogging! Yeah! Also, only you and her can make those decisions. As long as you're both okay with what is happening, then just roll with it! (I can't believe she is that old already.)