Saturday, October 27, 2012

Accent Vlog Proposal

Hi friends. I have an idea that I want to propose to you and I hope you'll play along. I saw a video on Facebook of one of my friends whom I've never met in real life, nor talked to on the phone. I loved hearing her voice and now when I read her tweets, I feel like I can hear her saying them.

Soo, how about you record yourself and upload the video to YouTube and then come here and post a link to your video? Then everyone who wants to know what you sound like when you talk {tweet!} can come here and watch your video! Sound good?

"What do we talk about in our video?", you ask? That's a fantastic question! Last year, Stephanie at Adventures In Babywearing posted an Accent Vlog that I loved and have been meaning to record an accent vlog of my own ever since. 

The directions:

Say the following words:
Aunt, route, wash, oil, theatre, iron, salmon, caramel, fire, water, sure, data, ruin, crayon, toilet, New Orleans, pecan, both, again, probably, spitting image, Alabama, lawyer, coupon, mayonnaise, syrup, pajamas, caught.


And answer the following questions:
What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that curls into a ball when you touch it?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you use to change the TV channel?

Anything else you want to add in is great! But this is a good way to start. I'm excited and I hope that you'll join me.  I'll post a linky next week and you can join anytime.  Record a video on your phone, upload to YouTube, and come on over!

No comments: