Monday, November 10, 2008

Babywearing!

I am fascinated with babywearing. The closeness and comfort of holding your child close to your heart, letting her feel your love and warmth – I can’t wait! I introduced my husband to the idea of babywearing, and he seemed skeptical at first, worried about the baby falling out of the sling, but I reassured him that thousands of women wear babies, and if done correctly, it’s perfectly safe!

So imagine my surprise yesterday, when he proclaimed (rather loudly) “look, she’s babywearing!”, in regards to woman in front of us at Cabella’s, who was indeed, carrying her adorable little girl in a sling. It was quite fashionable, fyi.

I think he’s coming around!

When I do have a baby, I want this sling, from Nonny&Boo. SO Chic! I know some of my only readers here (hi nikki!) are either expecting or have just had babies. So be sure to check out the Nonny&Boo website for their adorable styles of slings and wraps!

For more information on Babywearing, check out Steph’s blog.

11 comments:

Nathan and Nikki Hillery said...

I do have a sling and was so excited to use it, but Noah is not a fan...Darn! I really like the one that you've picked out. Hopefully your little one will enjoy it. I'm hoping that Noah will like it more when he's a little older. We'll see.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

You are meant to be a babywearer!!

Steph

Lauren said...

Found you on the Mr. Linky for the Adventures in Babywearing post. You'll love to wear your baby! It took some time for my hubby to come around too ;)

Lauren@ www.InstinctParenting.com

Madeline said...

Babywearing definitely rocks. You'll love it once you start.

Sarah said...

Babywearing is the best! Thanks for your sweet note on our blog. It is nice to meet people who agree with the solid foundation of family and nurturing their babies. I've worn both babies, and I don't have the resource right here, but there are TONS of patterns for slings, pouches, and Mei Tais out there for free online.

@sweetbabboo said...

You'll love babywearing and your husband will totally get into it. You might even consider starting him out with a BabyHawk or a more manly sling. My hubby is ok with ours (even though it's girly) since it allows him such closeness with our son.

Steph said...

My husband was skeptical at first too! If you go to my blog though, you can see him wearing our son. He's now a huge advocate and points out carrier's while we're out. You'll love it!

Hannah said...

My husband has loved wearing our babies. It's just a matter of finding the right carrier for him...the Ergo worked great for us since it's very hubby friendly.

Katie said...

I am glad to read that I am not the only one with a slightly skeptical husband...I wonder if they are actually a bit jealous;)

Danielle said...

You will LOVE babywearing. It is addicting.

Anonymous said...

You'll LOVE it! Babywearing has been such a joy!