Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It has nothing to do with race. I’m already annoyed at the amount of people who have related my fears about Obama’s win to the color of his skin. That could not be farther from the truth. My fear is because of his relations with other countries, and his desire to pull the troops out of Iraq.


Trust me when I say, I don’t like war any more than the next person. But I don’t want war in my backyard. I don’t know if I’ll be able to feel safe again for quite some time. Not because of color, because of surrender. There are three people in my immediate family who have fought in Iraq or Afghanistan, or both. My brother missed my wedding because he was overseas. So trust me when I say that I don’t like war. But protection is necessary and I cherish the commitment of our service men and women to keep us out of harm’s way.


Nicholas M. –United States Air Force

Anthony J. – United States Air Force

Jon C. – United States Marine Corp.

My family. Right there. Not strangers who are a name on a piece of paper. My family.


Do I want them to go back? Heck no! But would they? In a heartbeat. Because “Country First”.


*many classmates, friends siblings, and acquaintances from college have also sacrificed their time away from comfort and their families to serve our great country. Thank you all.

Jared B.

Justin K.

Travis C.

Jason K.

Kade G.

Phil R.

Jon B.


May God hold everyone of us in the palm of His hand, and keep us safe from all harm.

1 comment:

Nathan and Nikki Hillery said...

I could not agree with you more. It's scary to think about what is to come. I feel like we're living in such an uncertain time. All we can do is pray and pray hard.