Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I need to work on keeping this thing up-to-date if I want to one day be a successful “mom blogger”. There are two things one must do to be a mom-blogger:

1.) go forth and multiply (or do whatever necessary to be a mom, like steal small children from the park or adopt.)
2.) write a blog about mom-ish things.

Currently attempting: 2/2
Currently succeeding: 0/2

OY.

The only thing remotely relevant to mom-blogging I can write about today is the part-time job I have taken on. Thanks to recommending by my full-time job manager, I have embarked on the journey of court ordered tutoring. Just a few hours a week with a student who needs a little encouraging on their school work, and all is well with the probation officer. Battery charge? Kicked a girl in the face at the park? Where do these hooligans come from? She doesn’t need tutoring, she needs her butt whooped by her parents or counseling. I am not a parenting coach, however, so I cannot recommend a swift kick in the pants as appropriate punishment for breaking someone's nose.

Pray for me. I don’t want to get pummeled because I know stuff about stuff and she doesn’t. Or the off chance her boyfriend thinks I'm cute. I'd be dead meat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tread lightly on the mom-blogger front. Follow some of those ladies on Twitter - they are vicious.

Madeline said...

Sounds like a daunting part time job! Good luck!