Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Community

When I started blogging (not here, but here), I really had no idea how the internet could connect people miles and worlds apart. It was a way for me to communicate with family members who lived in different towns, and college friends who graduated and moved on. However, a funny thing happened along the way, and it was the development of community. The feeling that I could jump on a computer, write my thoughts, fears, and joys, and people would console, pray, or celebrate. People I don't know "in real life". People I might not recognize in Wal-Mart.

Three women, none of whom I know "in real life" have had life changing weeks. I cried with them, because even though I don't know their last names, or where they live, I know hurt. And while I don't know the hurt they know, I know that crying is universal for hurt. You hurt. I hurt. That's what community is about.

Please, if you have time, stop by and visit Cynthiaa, who lost her baby boy at 38 weeks due to cord strangulation.

Or Beth over at Folding Laundry, who lost a pregnancy, just 12 short months after losing twin boys.

Or CrookedEyebrow, who has been struggling to get pregnant for years, and then miscarried.

None of these women deserving of this hurt, but all of them hurting. Not fair. Not fair at all.

And they need us to come together and love on them.

1 comment:

Sheyb said...

Houndstooth is no longer available. :(