Sunday, March 1, 2009

And it's official

I'm Going to BlogHer '09

I am going to Blogher09 in Chicago. I have a very nervous-first-day-of-college feeling and I don't know why! Aaron was very supportive of me and has been encouraging me to go. When I told him that early bird pricing ended yesterday, he said he would pay for me to go anyhow, so I looked up the new pricing and was shocked to find that the price hasn't changed yet. I call it good luck (it is March, after all), but I believe this was the actual reason.

I am really excited, but I just don't even know what to expect! I'm really hopeful to meet some of the wonderful women I stalk admire, and learn about increasing traffic to my blog. I also am looking forward to staying in a hotel and ordering room service. I am NOT looking foward to how I'm going to get there, as the mere thought of driving in downtown Chicago makes me want to cry.

I emailed Ruby&Roja about a new blog layout, I just purchased the name "onceuponacline.com" and now I'm going to Blogher. This is like a grown up woman's dream come true!

Now, I must get back to watching Hannah Montana.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Order up your blogging business cards! Everyone will be asking for them.

Allyson said...

YAY!! I'm so excited for you!!!!

Missy and JP said...

Hey- don't forget about us over at www.jpandmissy.blogspot.com :) Love the pictures you've been taking- so good!

moardy said...

Thats awesome! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Ed @ Cross-Country Beauty said...

Hey, found your blog via Twitter! I'm really excited you're going! Congratulations on buying your domain, I love it!

Hopefully we can meet up at BlogHer!

--ed

Carrie said...

WOW! Awesome! I wish I'd have looked into it a bit more, but at nearly $500 for hotel and conference (even sharing a room) it's a bit out of my price range. Maybe next year!

BTW, I just bought Mommy Cards through Vista Print for free and shipping was about 9 bucks for 250 cards.

Glad to have you as a Twitter follower! Stop by my blog anytime!

aubri said...

Haha! No don't worry, not possible. I had a "visitor" that confirmed it was indeed a stomach ache and nothing else. ;) Hope your week is going well! Love you!!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I'm so excited you are going! Are you rooming with Cassie?

Steph

Mimi's Toes said...

You are so funny! I will see you there. I am going as Ivy's Nanny but also to meet the faces I read about every day. It will be so much fun!