Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Photo Challenge Wednesday, Week 2

Photobucket


This week's challenge is about perspective. Without knowing that I would ever use these pictures for anything other than my Facebook profile picture, I took them in Texas. I don't think that sentence made sense, but you get the idea.

In this picture, you obviously are drawn to the name "NATALIE" (which is a great name, but not the topic of this particular post. Check back tomorrow). But you also see other distractions in the picture, that make it, well, messy.

But this one! You KNOW it is all about "NATALIE". And all I did was step to the side, and get close. Then I darkened the edges using Picnik.com, and ta-da.

Btw, it was my Facebook picture for about .5 seconds, and then I changed it. Because I can't make up my mind.

Now jump over to Beth's site to check out all of the challenge entries. And then have a great day.



20 comments:

Crazy Babs said...

nice showing how you changed the perspective. I like seeing both. Some times it really is just one step left or right or up or down.

Erin said...

Amazing what a difference a change in perspective can make. I really like the second shot!

rosellafan said...

I like how you showed your change in perspective... good shot!

rosellafan (Paula)

Christy M. said...

I like the first one alot! It's kind of cool to see the other signs around the Natalie sign. The second one is amazing and I love how you darkened the edges!

Great capture!

Anonymous said...

I like both perspectives. They each show something different even though it's basically the same picture.

Jenn@ The Crazies said...

I like that you did the 2 different perspectives. Looks neat!

Unknown said...

wow, what a difference perspective makes!!! that is so cool.

good job!

InTheFastLane said...

I liked seeing the difference in the shots as well. Really makes the change in perspective stand out.

Unknown said...

Great shot! I like how you show both - it's almost like a before and after.

Allie said...

I like both shots! Just sharing some bloggy You Capture Love ...

Mommy Mo said...

I remember you from last week! I love the second shot- very cool perspective and I LOVe LOve LOVe the blackened edges.

Where in Texas were you?

Anonymous said...

Yes! You did a great job changing the perspective - in fact the whole look of the picture. So impressive!

Bacardi Mama said...

I so love this one. Maybe because I have a granddaughter with the same name.

Kate said...

Super cool!!! Love the vivid colors, they just POP!! :)

Anonymous said...

I like both shots-the colors are awesome! Great perspectives.

Sarah said...

It's amazing what just stepping closer and to the side can do! I love that you posted all three so we can see the comparisons.

Anonymous said...

Amazing what one step to the right will make, isn't it?? Great job!

Carebear said...

Great entry! Thank you for showing the difference for those of us who are still trying to grasp the concept! I love your point of view in the second shot!

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

Nicely done, I love that you showed two different angles!

3LittleFlowers said...

I love the second angle!! Great shots!!