Thursday, May 21, 2009

And then they called again.

I figured I should follow up on this post, and let you all know that the doctor's office called and I get to keep my uterus. It's really quite exciting, and while I have forever been a supporter of Breast Cancer Awareness, I am now adding Cervical Cancer Awareness to the list, cause that was some scary crap.

And even though he tried to hide it, I could tell my husband was really worried about me. Even though I didn't want him to worry, it meant so much to me. I know the he cares, but it was a special concern that he usually doesn't show.

I'm so glad to be okay, and I'm so glad for the friends and family who are my support system.

I will leave you with this pleasant message - get an exam every year ladies, no matter how uncomfortable it makes you feel. It is totally worth it.

8 comments:

Sheyb said...

Amen sista! ;) I do my yearly no matter what, and my doc is an OLD man! AHHHHH! LOL.

I was diagnosed with HPV a few years ago! I know how scary it can be!!! But, fortunately, my HPV has since disappeared. :D YAY!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toni said...

Natalie I'm so glad!!!! That's great news :)

Mimi's Toes said...

Great News! I bet you were scared. Thanks for reminding me, I need to call to schedule my exam. I tried to ignore it this year but you made me realize the importance of it.

lizbaker said...

Amen! My mom always says, "But I'm a perfectly healthy woman...I don't need one this year." To which I respond, "That is what everyone says right before they die of cancer Mom." In a love way of course. I'm glad everything is okay! Have you checked out "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by the way??? It is sooooo good.

Mommy In Pink said...

Oh my, I had a scare like that a few years back. Glad everything is okay now!

Erin said...

It is so important! I have not missed a year since I was 18, and I had a scare this year. Everything turned out fine, but I was definitely concerned and glad that I kept up with exams.

Corrin said...

Glad to hear you're okay! My little sister is going in for a biopsy next week because her annual came back abnormal. She's only 26.