Thursday, July 16, 2009

9 weeks!

Inspired by the one and only Liz (a friend from college), I thought I would track my pregnancy right out here in the open for y'all to see.

I do not have morning sickness, and food does not sound appaling to me. I am hungry all day long, and after I eat, I want to eat more. I don't understand how something the size of a grape could take so much out of me. I've found that the only time I really feel sick is if I go too long without eating something, and then I can't eat anything.

I mostly want to eat tomatoes, cucumbers, and bread. And cheeseburgers. Oh, the cheeseburgers! I recently went through a non-meat eating phase, so this is really weird.

And wow, I'm getting dumb. It took me a couple minutes to remember how to spell "phase" in the last sentence. I spelled it FAZE. Baby brain. Oy.

I ate ice cream yesterday and it gave me a belly ache. Oh, the drama! How sad.

I don't sleep much. I am really tired, but can't get comfortable in bed, even with my Snoogle. I toss and turn, fretting about laying on this side or that side, should my arms be down or up or hanging off the bed or under my head and why do my arms fall asleep BUT I CAN'T???

And then when I finally do fall asleep, I wake up 6 times to use the bathroom. Yesss.

I cry. A lot. Over major things, minor things, silly things. I cry at work when I think about things that happened years ago, I cry in the car when I hear OnStar commercials. Oh, the hormones!

How personal should I get here? Cause there's more I could share, but I don't want to scare you away. Lets just leave it at this: my pants still fit, my tops still fit. The only garment that doesn't fit like it used to has two straps and they (used to) go over my shoulders. Nice.

5 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Placenta brain.

Just so you know, it never goes away, even after baby gets here (it's usually worse then.)

:)

Steph

Erin said...

What Steph said!

Allyson said...

Oh the joys of pregnancy. Everything I liked about myself being strong, spunky, not to emotional, not an airhead, all changed every time I got pregnant. *sigh. It will get better bot not for some time. ;)

Mimi's Toes said...

Sounds so familiar. When I was preg with Steph, I craved tomatoes with salt and long john silver's fish. They say that fish is brain food and I believe that. I remember my boobs being so tender and I was peeing every 30 min. You have a lot of changes going on in your mind and body. It will get better. Try sleeping with a soft pillow between your legs by the knees and sleep on your side.

Laura Marchant said...

Oh do I know about this, lol