Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wave of Light


This day, made easier by the love and support of many. Thank you for coming here and sharing your stories. To those of you who shared by email or Facebook, thank you.
I read your comments, prayed, and cried with you over your loses. And tonight, at 7pm, people around the world lit candles in honor of all the babies lost.


I lit a candle for every baby honored here today, and I remembered.


I wish you could have felt the warmth coming from those candles.

******************************
I have been fortunate enough to to get to know some of the amazing Mama's over at Earth Mama Angel Baby.. I met Sheri, one of the Mama's, at BlogHer (back in July) while I was enjoying the wonder of pregnancy. I talked with her about the products offered for pregnant mothers and their babies. I inquired about a display on a table all it's own, and she identified the products as the Baby Loss Comfort line, for women suffering baby loss. I commented how wonderful it was that they carried such products, and should I have a friend who experiences loss, I would keep them in mind to send a care package.
Shortly after the miscarriage, I was fortunate to receive those very products I had looked at with a saddened heart. Sheri spent the next weeks checking in on me, and offering support through words and resources.

I have since had the opportunity to communicate with more of the team, and the wonderful Mama's over at Earth Mama Angel Baby know that my heart is to reach out to women who are dealing with baby loss.

In honor of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month, they have generously donated ten (10) packets of Seeds of Hope for those of you who come here to support me, and to find support.
Seeds of Hope contain certified organic and organically grown seeds which you can plant in honor of your baby.

This giveaway is not difficult. Just leave a comment below. If you left a comment on this post, you are also eligible. Ten (10) winners will be randomly chosen and your Seeds of Hope will be mailed to you. There really are no strings attached. My hope is that you will be encouraged by the Seeds of Hope, and by the products Earth Mama Angel Baby offers.
In addition, one reader will receive a $25 gift card to be used on any of the products on their site. All comments on this post and this post will be eligible.
Thank you for being here. Your support these past weeks have carried me.
*I blog with integrity. Earth Mama Angel Baby sent me products following my miscarriage, and I am thankful to pass some of their products on to you. I was not monetarily compensated for this post. All winners will be contacted by email (if provided) or will be displayed on this blog. Giveaway ends and winners will be announced on Tuesday, October 20, after 9pm.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your honoring those lost brings me to tears. Thank you. I never felt understood when I went through it. I basically dealt with it alone. Thank you.

Bacardi Mama said...

I've told you my story before. The warmth of the light tonight was such a comfort. I said a prayer for you and I and all the other mothers tonight. May we all find peace and comfort in that light. We will all see our babies one day.

the shoppe owner said...

I found you through Erin's blog where you commented. What a beautiful set of posts. I am brought to tears thinking of the many friends I know who have lost babies, and I am sorry for your loss as well. I am thrilled that you shared about the Earth Mama Angel Baby line specifically for those who have lost their babies. I have used a few EMAB items in the past but was unaware of these new items. I am definitely going to keep those in mind should my best friend suffer the loss of yet another baby sometime in the future. Blessings, Susan

the shoppe owner said...

By the way, I was a Cline before I got married! Your name is what spurred me on to visit your profile :O) It's a great name, isn't it? I happily traded it to become Mrs. Deane (sounds like Dean), though :O)

Jen said...

I love you so much and your baby and your husband! I pray for your baby, I love that baby, I always will. My first great niece or nephew and I promise I will never forget.

The candles made me cry. You are a wonderful person.

Your aunt.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

that is precious and loving in so many ways. thank you for loving in a real way.

Julia said...

You know.... I lit two candles last night. One for my John and one for all your babies, my friends babies. And you know what I noticed? The heat coming from them. The heat, so comforting and bright. I know I'll keep passing this on and doing it every year.

((HUGS)) to all you mamas.

Kathy Campbell said...

Beautiful. I am so sorry you are now part of that club.

Jenny | The Balow Bunch said...

Thanks for light a candle for my baby. It brought me to tears reading that you did that...and seeing the photos.

I was at school at 7 p.m. last night, but my husband and I lit candles when I got home. We figured it was 7 p.m. somewhere.

With the support of one another, we made it through yesterday!

CurlyHue (L.J. Miles) said...

I'm truly glad to see all of the support here. After 38 weeks & 5 day of a wonderful pregnancy I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl that I never had a chance to bring home. That was a very difficult experience, especially for an 18 yr. old. On Nov. 10th it will be 12 yrs. since that day, but there's many times that it feels like yesterday. Jada now has two sisters & a brother, but she can never be replaced.

~ L. J.

Michele said...

Thinking of you...

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

This is beautiful, Natalie.

Steph

Rachel said...

What an amazing way to honor all the babies that have been lost.
I have found more and more that when you talk about losing a child, you find there are so many of us who can relate.
It is comforting to know you are not alone in your sorrow.

Zakary said...

Such a beautiful post, I am sorry.

T.W.I.T. said...

I didn't even know there was something like this out there- I'm SO SAD that I didn't read this on time!!
I always wonder how to cope with my lost Angel, and not after having to have an emergency hysterectomy at 30, I know that I will never conceive again. I thank God for the two boys that I have (11 & 4) & always wonder about my Angel in Heaven though.
Thanks so so so so so much for creating this post & sharing the lovely message!
XoXo