Monday, March 1, 2010

17

Oh, little 17 week old Tiny Dancer. You are growing so much, making mommy's clothes uncomfortable, but I've never been so excited to leave the house in yoga pants.
Our food choices change pretty frequently. Up until last week, egg sandwiches were pretty great. Then, I made an egg sandwich with too much cheese, gagged on the extra cheese, and that was the end of our egg consumption.

Red meat still doesn't sound good, except for cheeseburgers. And thank you for that, because I've always loved McDonald's cheeseburgers, and they were actually the first "meat" I ate after 4 years of being a vegetarian. What can I say - I love warm pickles.

Daddy just left the room because I said "warm pickles".

We are going to find out if you're a boy or a girl in just a couple weeks! Your grandma and Aunt Payton are coming to see you that day, and are hoping you aren't shy.

I know that I am so lucky to have you. I worry that talking about you will hurt other women, all who want to be mommy's, but aren't yet.

There are other mommies who had babies growing in their bellies and they were born straight into heaven. This makes mommy's heart hurt so bad. Will you play with those babies before you come to us? Will you make sure they know that their mommies & daddies & brothers & sisters love and miss them very much?

Mommy actually had 2 brothers or sisters who were born into Heaven. They are there with you now, and I have no doubt that you are enjoying your time together before you come see us. Please tell them we love them.

I already planned our first trip, Tiny Dancer! You are going with Mommy to meet lots of other women, who want to spend time talking about how much Jesus loves us, and getting to be friends. So many of my friends already love you, sweet one, and can't wait to meet you.

But mommy & daddy are most excited to meet you!

7 comments:

Mendie said...

I bet that little mouth is already starting to form a smile from all the love and happiness inside you! So excited to hear if TD is a boy or girl!

ps...I also love McD's pickles way better than BK's wavy ones.

Kathy Campbell said...

Oh sweet Tiny Dancer, you are already so loved!

And McD's cheeseburgers are the best...warm pickles for the WIN!!

Mommafo said...

Precious :) And you look fantastic!

And I actually just said UH OH-- I ate a ton of egg sammiches when I was pg with Ben. =\ But never with cheese!

Julia said...

YEAH for 17 weeks!!! I'm there myself tomorrow. We go in for our anatomy scan on March 11th and are so excited to see a healthy baby and find out if this one is a boy or girl too. Keep coming with the updates. I love hearing how you are doing!!!

Erica | Uprinting said...

You are really sweet! and that child would be so lucky to have you as a mom. Babies are always a blessing from God and I wish to have my own someday, but for now I'll just appreciate all the little angels that I'll see. God Bless to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness!

You won't believe this...well I guess you will if you know me at all... but I JUST NOW opened the announcement! It was tucked away in one my famous piles (along with several bills that should have been paid weeks ago. LOL)

I am grinning from ear to ear right now. I am so happy for you...and for all of us!

-Auntie La

Jennifer said...

I pick girl!! :) Most people guessed boy for me and most were wrong! But EVERYONE'S having girls right now! You look GREAT!!