Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pink or Blue?

Our appointment today was great! Doctor used the doppler to find Tiny Dancer's heartbeat, but not after letting me know that the "thud" I kept hearing was he or she kicking at the doppler. We've got a mover and a shaker on our hands, folks. Or a soccer player.

Also, a heartbeat of 140 beats per minute, which I'm told is a "girl" heartbeat.

I had a very real dream this week that this baby was a girl, and I can't wait to find out!

But, we have 3 weeks until "The Appointment". So I took a "Am I Having A Boy Or Girl?" quiz. The results were, well....inconclusive. My notes/thoughts are in italics.

You are carrying your extra weight out front, so it's a boy. My rear does not need to get any bigger, thankyouverymuch.

The hair on your legs is growing faster during pregnancy, so it's a boy. I wouldn't know this due to lack of shaving or anything. *cough*

You are carrying high. Girls are carried high. I don't think it's Bebe that's high in my belly. I think it's my bladder.

Sleeping in a bed with your pillow to the north indicates that you will be having a boy. How does this matter? It's about where my bed is. If I faced my pillow south, I would have my feet in Aaron's face.

Your feet are not colder than they were before pregnancy. You are having a girl. It's February. In Indiana. I don't feel like I can judge this just yet.

You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread. You are having a girl. I ALWAYS refuse to eat the heel of the loaf of bread. It goes to the dog.

Dad-to-be hasn't been gaining weight along with Mom-to-be, so it will be a girl. Dad is on a 12-week "Change Your Life" diet. Not fair.

You had morning sickness early in pregnancy, so you are expecting a girl. And I'm still down 6 lbs. You go, girl.

You are not looking particularly good during pregnancy. Therefore, it must be a girl, because girls steal their mother's looks. She is in trouble.

Your chest development has not been very dramatic during pregnancy. You should expect a boy. I've got nothin'. It's true. They're not growing.

Since the sum of the mother's age at conception and the number of the month of conception is an odd number, it will be a girl. My adorable nail technician also says that according to the Chinese calendar, I'm having a girl. And I trust her. Because she's from China.

Your urine is a bright neon yellow color, so you will have a boy. It's from the vitamins, I swear.

You have a craving for salty or sour foods, which means that it is a boy. Does anyone have any guacamole?

Your nose hasn't changed during pregnancy, which indicates a girl. Unless we're talking sense of smell...

You have been craving fruits, so it is a girl. Wait. Didn't this just say my cravings meant "boy"?

You have no desire for orange juice, so it's a boy. Orange juice gives me a sore throat. Always.

Your belly looks like a basketball, so it's a boy. Either that or I have a beach ball up my shirt.

You show people the palm of your hand, so it's a girl. I'm hopeful someone will see a million dollars in my future.

You use the handle to pick up a mug, so it's a boy. Yes, if it were a mug, I'd use the handle. If it were a margarita, I'd use a really big straw.

So, what do you say? Did you vote in my poll yet??

5 comments:

Michele said...

I voted boy b/c Alexander's HB was always in the 140s. :)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

All four of my pregnancies were as different as can be and
there are only TWO genders! The heart rate is usually telling so I'd have to see what the past heartbeats were before I make my guess!

Steph

Mendie said...

I am feeling like its a beautiful baby boy...not sure why I just picture you with a little boy in khakis running thru the park!

Can't wait to see what the US tells you in a few weeks!

Corrina said...

I think you should wait...and find out when bebe makes his/her debut! That's fun :) But I know it drives most people crazy I'm going to guess girl for you though :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear the news!!! Boy or girl, praying for for a healthy baby for you! (But I did vote girl.)