Monday, March 8, 2010

Meeting. And CUTE BABIES.

I wondered during the car ride there how the introductions would go. I was hopeful I wouldn't interupt a conversation, or feel awkward to say "hi" when so many had already arrived.

But as I walked in the door, she walked past the door. Our eyes met, (I think mine probably looked like this*) and we hugged. And it was so sincere and I felt the connection I'd heard others talk about.

We sat beside each other, she in a chair and me on the couch, and we talked about our babies and Joel and loss and our husbands. We talked about names for the babies growing in our bellies and about how we both think it's important to give our children names that will fit them as babies and as teenagers and as professional adults, even as a Supreme Justice.

Oh, the pressure.

And then we talked traditions. About how the girls on my mom's side of the family have middle names that end in "ette" (Annette, Lynette, Suzette, Colette, Mynette, Janette, Yvette, Danette. Oh yes, this is true.) and I asked her what her middle name is.

SaraJOY, what is your middle name?

Ah, there's no going back now. We'll be friends forever, because she knows I'm a complete ditz.

**

shower love

*photo by Beth.
**photo by CrookedEyebrow.
All photos from Beth's Surprise shower can be found here. Check 'em out!

5 comments:

Sara Joy said...

I was just SO EXCITED to see you! I agree, friends forever, and I could not have enjoyed a conversation more. I KNEW it would be like that, I just knew.

Erin said...

Watching the two of you notice each other was so sweet. Isn't she amazing? (Just like you!)

Mendie said...

we all have our blonde moments! Glad you got to meet another good soul!

Wisconsin Parent said...

Oh, I am equally envious and excited at the same time (is that possible)! Very fun! Wah! I want a cute baby. Mine are just getting sassy (well, okay, cute but sassier each day)!

Mimi's Toes said...

You are so cute. I enjoyed seeing you. I can't wait to find out the gender this Friday of your sweet little baby.