Sunday, April 18, 2010

Twitter Home Tour!

I didn't get around to participating in the Ultimate Blog Party, so I thought I'd hop on the 'ole bandwagon known as "Twitter Home Tour".
In the interest of FULL disclosure, I didn't clean my house before taking these pictures. In fact, I haven't cleaned my house all week. And I'm not ashamed, because I kinda feel like my uterus will fall out if I stand for too long. Plus, between me and Aaron (Aaron & me/myself/I??), we worked 97 hours last week. And then add in the fact that we had CENTRAL AIR INSTALLED (DO I SERIOUSLY NEED TO TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM ABOUT THIS????), and really, that explains the clutter and laundry piled high (see picture of master bedroom).

Welcome to our home! Can I get you anything? We have water, tea, and Monster energy drinks. No? Okay then.
Our couch is old and the seat closest to the kitchen is reserved for Duke. In addition to being a hand me down, it is the spot where I spent the entire winter napping away my first trimester nausea.

The blinds behind the curtain are not broken, but the sun is shining in the most amazing way today, and it looks like they are. I'm not the best housekeeper, but you'd better believe if my $6.00 blinds were broken, I would replace them. It's the little things.



Sometime after Christmas (like, the week of the Super Bowl), Aaron went out and bought himself the family a new television. It looks gigantic only because my living room is so tiny. It's usually on the Disney Channel or MSNBC. I prefer Hannah Montana and Aaron prefers to watch something called "Lockup". You may have seen it. If so, it probably gave you nightmares.


Next up is the bathroom. Nothing exciting here, except that my night clothes were on the floor, so I cropped them out. I do like my shower curtain though!


Making our way around the teeny tiny hallway, the next room you would enter is the nursery. Not much to see here either, mostly because it's a SECRET, but the color? It's called "Faint Maple", which for some odd reason makes me think of fairies. No, the room will not be decorated with fairies. I'm girly, but not that much.

Also, it's not done yet. Which is why there is no cover on the light switch. I know better.

Right beside the nursery is the "Master" bedroom. Since there is no bathroom attached, it can only be called the "Master" bedroom because the King and Queen of the house sleep there. (Corny? I tried.)

(When I said laundry day, I wasn't kidding).
(Also, I am in no way being compensated for the Old Navy bag hanging out in the picture, but will show you the cute dress I bought there soon!)
(Lastly, making the bed is the most pointless chore known to man.)

Continuing around the small circle of hallway, we come to the office. I didn't get a good picture of the whole room, but all you need to know is that 1.) it's small and 2.) it's my husband's "Shrine de Purdue (University)". This is just a very small amount of the PU goodies he's collected over the years. The onsies are what I gave him on December 1, along with a just-peed-on pregnancy stick, annoucing this pregnancy.
The Purdue hat was made lovingly by "Ma", Aaron's nickname for my mom.

The file cabinet is full of old pay stubs and electric bills and other random papers that don't exactly have a home.

The whole hallway at one time?
Yes, we have baby gates. They are to keep the dog out of the rooms because he likes to chew on things. If he knew how to do laundry, I would let him in that "Master" bedroom, because, ugh.

The kitchen is where many meals are prepared unpacked from their "to go" containers, at least lately. No dishwasher, so the dishes sit on the counter.
Yes, we use plastic cups. No, we do not play beer pong. Yes, we wash and reuse them.

The outside of the house is Aaron's domain, and where he sits to make shopping lists.

If someone is outside, Duke insists on being there also. If we go out without him, he will stand at the back door and cry.

"Why would you ever go out without him?"

"Because he digs holes in the yard and we get sick of filling them in".


I hope you've enjoyed this tour of our home. If you called and said you were coming by in the next 5, 60, or 1200 minutes, I probably wouldn't do anything to change it. But I might brush my teeth.

My house is clean most of the time (usually). Just not today. Check back tomorrow, no, after the baby is born next year.

You can play along by visiting the homes below and by posting pictures of your home! I'll be by to "visit" soon!



About the Twitter Home Tour - Once upon a time, @MomNom, @jennandtonica, @emmie_bee, @heirtoblair, and @ColeEmmett were talking about home decor on Twitter. We thought it would be so great to be able to see each other's homes! A *bunch* of other tweeps joined in, @Alena29 put together a terrific button, and #twitterhometour (or #twitterhouseparty) was born! Feel free to join us - add a link to your home tour post (pictures, video, or both!) below.

6 comments:

AllisonO of O My Family said...

I LOVE it! You are a riot and your house is perfect just the way it is (but you don't need me to tell you that.) Good for you for keeping it real! I'm so glad you linked up!

Heidi - D said...

Haha! Loved your post! Thanks for sharing... Oh, and we almost have twin dogs. Digging and all!

Tasha Lehman said...

Oh, I loved your shower curtain! How fun!

Mendie said...

I also love the shower curtain....love dots!!! I'm in the same big tv club as you...but it is nice and now am used to it, the little one in the bedroom doesn't seem as good as I used to think it was!

Kathy Campbell said...

What a cute idea! That shower curtain is FABulous!

The Ludwigs said...

I love your narration - very funny! That faint maple color in the nursery looks great!