Friday, April 16, 2010

Mover. Shaker.

Wow. No one told me how incredible it would be to feel this life moving inside of me. Sometimes, I think she's doing somersaults because the movements aren't distinct, but they are there and they are her. Sometimes they tickle and sometimes I feel like I've just gotten off a rollercoaster.

Other times, like right now, I feel like she's standing up straight on my bladder and training for a marathon. It is so, so, cool. Except I have to pee. A lot. I used to have to lay real still and focus so hard on feeling her. I could feel my own heartbeat in my fingers and my toes until kick and I knew it was her.

Now, I don't have to be laying down and I don't have to be still, and I don't need to focus on her. She is there and she wants me to know it and she might be a cheerleader instead of a marathon runner but I don't know.

The first time I felt her kick and knew it was her, for sure? Sunday, March 28. Laying in bed, praying for Beth and Eli, kick and asking God to keep them both safe during delivery kick and make sure that Eli was perfect kick. He is. kick.

Now, I talk to her in the car and in the shower and in bed, and she talks back.

Our conversations are breathtaking.

11 comments:

Aunt Jen said...

love. just pure, true love. the end.

thank you jesus!

Anna said...

Feeling Evan move inside is what I miss most. That feeling is just so indescribable!

Kirsten said...

It's amazing. Every.single.time. I miss that feeling. But not enough to have any more! Ha!. I'm so glad you are able to experience the wonder of growing life.

Anonymous said...

Makes me so happy. Your words make me excited to have a baby someday :)

Unknown said...

Your posts are so sweet to your little girl. I love. xoxo

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

Isn't it amazing? Just wait ... her movements are going to rock your world.

Nathan and Nikki Hillery said...

It truly is the most amazing thing. There's nothing like it...and oh my they just get stronger and stronger. When they're done bouncing on your bladder they play in your ribs, but you'll lover every minute of it!

Amaprincess said...

That is such a beautiful post! It gave me chills! I can't wait to feel all that!

Kathy Campbell said...

Words cannot even express how amazing this is. I am so so so happy you get to experience this! It's only gets more AMAZING!

Sara Joy said...

Isn't it THE BEST??? Love it, love it, love it.

Mimi's Toes said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG LOOK. Feeling life inside of you is the best feeling.