Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Our First NST!

Only for the love of my daughter would I show you this picture. Because really, there are stretch marks that won’t go away no matter what “edit” I try. And even though my stomach feels hard, it doesn’t look it in this picture.

*Sidenote – My stomach gets very hard sometimes. I learned last night, while hooked up to pink and blue, that these are actually contractions. Ha. How about that?

My little one may be a lot like her father, and if you know Aaron, then this will make more sense to you. For very long periods of time, he runs at about 78 miles per hour and he doesn’t ever stop until bed time. But then he is STILL. For a 28-year-old man who I can see, this is fine. For a 34-week-old princess whose presence is only known by her movements, I got freaked out. But don’t worry. She’s fine.

At my regularly scheduled OB appointment last night, it was suggested that I have a Non-Stress Test done due to her lack of movement during the day. I had a small 75 minute taste of what it might be like to be in the hospital. Which was scary but exciting. Outside the door, I heard a dad on the phone, emotion in his voice, repeating over and over "It's a girl!". I was teary just listening to him. She didn't have a name yet, but she was beautiful. I mean, that's what he said. I didn't actually see her. That would have been weird.

Being there, listening to the lullaby play twice during that time, it made me anxious and excited. I can't wait to meet my daughter.

{I didn't get home until almost 9pm, BUT I got ice chips. The night was not a total loss.}


7 comments:

Lauren said...

Yea for NST's! My first one is next Thursday.

Ryley @ That's My Family! said...

Whatever.. where are your stretch marks???

I'm so glad TD is doing okay.. Those moments of non movement are terifying..

Keeping the 3 of you in my prayers! :)

Mendie said...

I agree with Ryley, I see no stretch marks...just a beautiful baby belly!

I can't wait to find out her name....so glad she is doing wonderfully!

Allyson said...

What are you talking about? Your belly looks adorable and like a normal pregnant belly. :)

Anonymous said...

I dont see any stretch marks. Cute baby belly. Glad everything is okay wit her.

Anonymous said...

Awww...this picture brings back so many memories for me. Glad your little girl is doing well. I can't wait for you to meet her!

Unknown said...

34 weeks? Oh my you are getting so close!

And stretch marks??? What stretch marks?