Saturday, January 3, 2009

2008 Round Up

First goal of 2009: Do 2009 Round Up IN 2009. Remember this in December.

From Sundry Morning and Jolie

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Become a dog owner

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions, I just try to do things better. And by next year, you of course mean this year, and I'm going to try to fit into 1/2 the clothes I already own, and be better at blogging.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My Aunt Jennifer had an adorable baby boy, Andrew, and my friend Nikki had a precious son, Noah.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thank God.

5. What countries did you visit? None, our exotic vacations are generally limited to North Central Indiana and North West Ohio. When we feel really adventurous, we go to Cleveland. But not often.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Patience.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 3, the day we brought our stinker dog home. August 4, the day a tornado went through our town, and husband was home while I was out. I prayed and prayed that he was okay, and he was. November 13, the day little Andrew was born.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Being successful at my job, and staying married.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not being the wife I know I can be and am called to be. And gaining so much weight.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I nearly cut the tip of my pinky off one day while making dinner.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Watching my family open their presents from us on Christmas morning makes me think it wasn't my IPhone, rather the gifts we purchased for others.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Duke, as he went from puppy of terror to obedience school graduate in 8 short weeks. And Britney Spears, because lets be honest, she started the year as a train wreck and somehow managed to pull herself back together.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I guess I have to say my own. I had more than a few bratty moments this year.

14. Where did most of your money go? The mortgage and the car

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? I tend to think I get excited pretty easily, but apparently not over important things because I can't remember any specific times.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Trace Adkins "You're Gonna Miss This"

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? About the same, I would say.
b) thinner or fatter? Gah. Don't ask.
c) richer or poorer? Again, probably about the same. No raise, no pay cut. New expenses evened out by credit cards paid off.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercise, spending time with family

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eating, spending money on things I don't need

20. How did you spend Christmas? All over God's great creation. 7 Christmas Celebrations, from Hobart, IN to Van Wert, OH and 4 places inbetween.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? More in love with my husband.

22. What was your favorite TV program? Desperate Housewives, Real Housewives of any particular city, Intervention

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Well gosh, that's such a strong word.

24. What was the best book you read? Rockabye by Rebecca Wolfe. Love. It.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I am very sheltered when it comes to musical discoveries. I listen to the same things over and over again. So, not much.

26. What did you want and get? An Iphone?

27. What did you want and not get? a new body

28. What was your favorite film of this year? The Dark Knight, P.S. I love you (was that 2008?), Fireproof

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? A whole lot of nothing, which was my preference. I turned 27.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being comfortable with myself as I am.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? If it fits, wear it.

32. What kept you sane? Family, talking with mom and my aunts, shopping

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Fancy? I can't think of one.

34. What political issue stirred you the most? This blog is in no way political.

35. Who did you miss? My friends from back in the day. My family in Ohio.

36. Who was the best new person you met? Can I say Steph? I'm sure she thinks I'm a stalker, but I met her through a mutual friend in September. If that is too bloggish, then I will say Toby Keith. He wasn't that great to meet, but hey, he's famous!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Life goes by at warp speed, and people weren't lying when they said the years go by faster as you get older. So embrace today, love today, be present today.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"This is real, this is me, I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be" - Camp Rock

1 comment:

Nathan and Nikki Hillery said...

Thanks for sharing. Aren't you excited to see what 2009 brings? I have a feeling it's going to be a good year! :)