Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Modern Technology

We were driving in the car today and Aaron was adjusting the mirror when he accidentally pushed the OnStar button. Our OnStar subscription in the Malibu expired in December, and I'm too cheap and possibly lazy to renew. So anyhow, the woman says "how can I help you?" and we say "we pushed the button on accident, sorry", and she says "welllll, I'm glad you did BECAUSE YOUR ACCOUNT IS EXPIRED - AND LET ME FIX THIS FOR YOU!" to which I reply, "no thanks, not right now. goodbye", and she hangs up on me. and then Aaron proceeds to talk about the OnStar woman and how she was kinda creepy, and I thought "OMG, what if they disconnect you, but could still hear you? What if the OnStar people can ALWAYS hear you in your car?"

I'm sure they can't, because they would have heard me talking to myself and would have called someplace to have me commited by now.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh LOL! Can you imagine? There could be clips of me singing loudly and badly being passed around the OnStar office!

Anonymous said...

hahaha, that would be so embarrassing (and CREEPY if they could hear!

Anonymous said...

You have to wonder, what's stopping them from listening? Do they have the right to tune in if you're a criminal and they are looking to arrest you? Could an operator get board and turn on the speaker to have a listen during her lunch? Ha.

Chris said...

LOL Now I'm all creeped out about OnStar.