Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I will not let the fear win.

I fear him lurking around the corner. Each ring of the telephone, a quick prayer that it isn’t bad news. I cannot handle more phone calls making known a death. The end. No more.

I will not be gripped by fear. I will not allow the unknown to decay my current state. Fear to fly, fear to drive, fear to walk across the street, fear to leave my husband, my loved ones, for when will I see them again? Will I see them again? I will not have a fear to live.

I will choose to hope. And I will believe. I am safe and I am protected and those I love are cared for. I will trust.

For now, I will not let him win. I will not let the fear, intimidation of death ruin my days. For I know that my days are numbered and so I will count each day, and make each day count.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I am trying to chose those same things and not let fear rule. I will be praying for you.

Debbie said...

Yes. I think that one of the things the Evil One uses is fear of the basic things in life to beat us down. We have all been here at one time. I choose these days to live in the center of the great "whatever the Lord brings".

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, it's been so tough this year. Many hugs.

Steph